Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vertigo

Had a vertigo attack today, very unpleasant. It actually woke me at at 4:00 a.m. Luckily, I had some phenergan which helped lessen the symptoms considerably. I got back to sleep and had a day off work. I haven't had an attack for over two years. With my diagnosis, it was determined that my vertigo is a symptom of an inner ear condition. Treatment was a couple of physical therapy sessions. I have to admit I was skeptical, but it worked. Guess I need to make another appointment. The tests to determine the cause were worse than an actual attack. First, an MRI was performed to make sure I didn't have a tumor. I then went to a neurologist for the testing of the inner ear. They shoot high pressure pulses of cold and hot water into your ears to determine how the pressure affects you. I was more disturbed by the cold water and became extremely nauseaous. If you suffer attacks of vertigo, physical therapy might help you too. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of my condition. This is what an attack feels like ... ... but not quite. I get dizzy, nauseous, and have trouble walking. At one point I thought I would have to crawl back to bed. Thank God for TOM who woke up almost immediately to help.

No comments: