Sunday, February 15, 2009

The No Name Post

Been kind of in the dumps the last few days. Not sure the cause, I just know that I am not motivated to do anything, except blog, watch movies, read, and take snaps. Maybe it's because my oldest son is turning 30 this week. I don't freak out when I have another birthday, so why should I freak out about him having another birthday? Anyhoo, we had a b-day celebration for him today ... surf and turf, cake, and ice cream. I have been spending a lot of time with my camera lately. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I guess in some respects it's a good thing, it doesn't talk back, it doesn't ask questions, it doesn't get bored while I take pictures, it doesn't care how long we're out. The camera represents an escape from the mundane; the daily grind. Go to work, come home routine. I am excited about one thing this week ... I purchased a new camera. A Nikon D80. I was looking at the D90, but had a hard time talking myself into spending $1300 for a camera. Anyhoo, it should be delivered by Wednesday. That will give me plenty of time to get comfortable with it before we go on vacation in May. Speaking of vacation, I have to finish making our hotel reservations. We are booked at Curry Village while we are at Yosemite. I have to make a reservation for SF, as well as get tickets for Alcatraz. Because I seem to be all over the map in this post today, let me include a snap that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have written here today. This snap was taken on our sculpture walk a week ago. I guess it actually does fit the post, at least the first part.
Apron Strings Sandra Graves

1 comment:

kim said...

Hi Barb, I totally can relate to your correlation between a child turning a milestone and feeling down. There is something about seeing our babies climb the age ladder. Just wanted you to know that I felt the same.
kim