Saturday, June 19, 2010

Window Installation Redo

*****
The Farr's ala Grant Wood
I knew tensions would rise once we got started with the removal
of the old window and the installation of the new and that we needed to
have a couple of laughs before we started so I took these first two shots.
It's been about four weeks since we ordered the second window. I don't 
know why it took so long, the first window was ready in two weeks.
The waiting time did allow us an opportunity to mentally prepare ourselves for the upcoming task.
*****  
 
*****
The window came out relatively easy. I was on the outside pushing in and
TOM was on the inside yelling 'push harder'. I'm not giving birth to a baby dude! Anyway, it
finally started to break loose and he's still yelling to push harder. I finally dropped the
'F' bomb and boy did it feel good. Did I mention it has been a couple of really rough
weeks at work? Story for another day. The window is out and it's time to install the
new window. We lift it up into the frame and we find we have some bricks that need to be
chipped away. Scary...new glass, hammer, and chisel. You figure it out. 
Finally, the new window is in place. A few screws, some caulking and expanding 
foam and phase one is complete. TOM gets started on the finishing work. Two hours later and
the job is fini. Not the hardest project we ever worked, but one of the longest.
***** 

*****

3 comments:

Lowell said...

You had me smiling through the whole thing! It looks like you had fun but I would guess it was a whole lot of hard work! The new window looks wonderful though. That first photo is priceless!

Lui said...

Yey you both did a good job! I don't think I can do that myself!

mARTy said...

funny pics;-)seems , you had a great time;-)