Sunday, May 15, 2011

Orange Flower in Vase

*****
Acrylic on paper
Still Life
This is the first time I have tried to paint a still life.
*****
Now that the wedding is over, I can focus on the things that I like to do or that I want to do again. 
For example, get healthy. Get back to my exercise program. Watch my diet. Reduce stress. 
Start focusing on my future by increasing my contributions to my retirement accounts. I reduced contributions to help pay for the wedding expenses. Finally, I am going to continue to stimulate my gray matter in a creative way with painting and sketching.
*****

2 comments:

Lowell said...

I like it! You're off to a good start!

And you're also re-starting some things all of which will be beneficial!

I asked a comment on your main blog and you've answered it here...did we see any photos of the wedding? I just can't remember.

But I'll bet you're glad that's over...weddings can be fun but they are loaded with stress considering all the crazy things that can happen.

Good luck on your vision for the future!

You're gonna love retirement!

Rachel said...

I love those colors! That would make me happy whenever I looked at it!