Saturday, June 07, 2014

Finally 'Finished'

I started working on my mosaic ukelele a couple of months ago. I laid out the pattern, and changed my  mind several times. The plan was to use up craft material that I had around the house. 
I purchased a ukelele at the flea market, the only item I didn't have already. 
I removed the strings and painted it white. I outlined the shape to plan the design, but after a few tries I threw the plan away and just started gluing. 
I did end up buying more rhinestones, blowing up my plan to use up materials. 
The original also included grout, but I changed my mind about that too. 
It was finished at least a month ago, but I didn't get it hung up until today. Hanging among my collection of Hard Rock Cafe pins. 

1 comment:

Carraol said...

Great, this is an extraordinary work!