Sunday, July 16, 2006

Adventures in Shopping

IKEA...the Swedish Wal-Mart. I had to go to Atlanta and while I was there I decided to visit the IKEA store. What an experience. I did not imagine all that they would have there. I previously checked out their website, but it really does not compare to the physical store. You can purchase complete bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchens. You can purchase the art work to hang on your walls and containers to store it in. Rugs for your floors...check. Linens for your bed...check. I was impressed. And so are many Atlanta area shoppers. The place was packed. I could do some serious damage to my credit card in this store. Having said that, everything was very reasonably priced, but it is hard to take it all in in one trip to the store. Because it was lunch time we decided to eat. Of course my husband had "Swedish Meatballs with lingonberry (sp) sauce". I had chicken salad. The buffet style restaurant was as efficient as the retail space. We also made a furniture purchase. Almost by accident, I found the style of chair that I was looking for. Is was comfortable so my husband was easily swayed. We selected the wood finish and cushion style that we liked and made our way to the self service warehouse to gather our goods. Simple and well organized. I can't speak to the customer service, because this really is a self-service store. I guess if you keep overhead down you can keep prices down. The only location that I can recall seeing employees was the cafeteria. I don't have children so I can't speak to the day care/play area. All in all it was an enjoyable shopping experience. I will go back to do more shopping in the future and I will take a list with me. : )

No comments: