Monday, July 31, 2006

Typically, I don't have alot to say about politics, except to my husband. For the most part they bore me. However, I am not fond of our Commander in Chief, whom I call Bushy. I wasn't fond of his father either. I guess Junior is trying to win a war for his daddy. If senior had finished the job the first time, we probably would not be in this situation now. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the desert. Anyway, my husband spent 20 years in the Army and I can't express how happy I am that he is retired. At the same time I can empathize with families who have sent loved ones to Iraq and Afganistan. The soldiers are doing a tough job and luckily they have the support of the country and the love of their families. Nothing like the soldiers who when to Viet Nam. I have a nephew who spent a year in Iraq. He came home safe and sound and did not re-enlist. The military is not for everyone. It is a tough, dirty job. You risk your life for little pay and no thanks. The international community is once again looking to the US to help with the cease fire in Lebanon. How can we, tell Israel to stop the bombing when we are doing the same thing in Iraq? Anyway, pretty soon the US won't have any allies. Even T. Blair is getting fed up with Bushy it seems. And Bushy and Connie have to appeared to have had a falling out. Keepn it up Bushy and you will have no one to do your dirty work for you. Well, I am really all over the board with this post. And as I don't feel that I am making sense or getting anywhere I guess I will end for the day.

No comments: