Saturday, October 08, 2011

Butterfly and Flower

*****
Now that I have completed my first watercolor class, I feel a little more comfortable mixing colors. I mixed all of these myself : ) It is not as hard as you might think. I also tried a wash for the background. Typically, I have too much paint on the brush which will take over. I think this was good practice of one of my photographs. We made a simple lightbox, I traced the photograph with tracing paper and then using the lightbox, I traced the design on the watercolor paper. It was good practice. I see a lot of things that could be better, but TOM says I am too close to it. He thinks its pretty good. 
*****

1 comment:

Lowell said...

I agree with Tom. It is good. I like the perspective and the ratios are excellent. I like the colors, too.