Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cube Decorating Contest - Making the Game Components

*****
I started with a simple outline of a gingerbread man. He is about 9" tall. I made a cutout using some spongy craft material I had hanging around the house since we went to Hawaii in 2005. I was going to make luggage tags for everyone, but I digress, and that is truly another story. 
*****
*****
I wanted the playing pieces to stand upright so I also made a cutout from a cracker box and glued the two pieces together. The glue on the back of the spongy craft material was longer sticky. I wonder why?
*****
*****
After the two gingerbread men halves were glued together I glued some Popsicle sticks to the back. These will be stuck into the 1" think round styrofoam circles I bought at the $ store. I painted them--one blue and one green. I cut the sticks to the proper height, babbed a bit glue to the bottom ans set then into the styrofoam. 
*****
*****
I have two playing pieces and colored construction paper for the "game board". I created game cards from a stack of old business cards and colored pencils. We are now ready to play! I am hoping I can get my teammates to play a round. I think being interactive will score me some points with the judges. 
*****
*****




No comments: