Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Kronicles of Kitty Kat. Before I can write about Kitty Kat, I have to at least mention the other kats we've owned over the years...or have they owned us, I am not really sure. Anyway, we've had black kats, white kats, grey kats, and gold kats. We have had males and females. Over the last 25 years we've have the following kats, in order: Simba (black female), Snowball (white male), Wednesday (gray male), Rags (black female), Gizmo (gold male), Magic (black female), Squirrel (gray male), Ed (grey male), Goldie (grey female), and Kitty Kat (grey female). All of our kats have been found kats. Kats are kool. They sleep a lot. They are independent. They like to bring us gifts, even the ones that we would rather not have. I've had mice, moles, birds, snakes, lizards, and frogs in my home. Sometimes they were not always dead and luckily not all at the same time. That's what happens when you have a kitty door. They just come and go as they please and leave their garbage behind them...just like my kids. They also let you know when they are not happpy with you, like when you go on vacation and leave them home with the neighbor girl kitty sitting. Let me tell you, when they get to yowling nobody is going to get any sleep. We currently live with four kats and two dogs. Three of our kats are brothers and sister; Squirrel, Ed, and Goldie. There mother was Magic. She still lives in the neighborhood and komes home to visit once in a while, but she lives with another family. Go figure...just like my kids. Hmmm, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Anyway, you give them love, feed them, spend money on them, and then they leave you high and dry and go live with someone else. These kats are a bit set in their ways and it has been a difficult transition when my son brought Kitty Kat home. Let's just say that the girls do not get along that well.

No comments: