Saturday, September 15, 2012

Art Journal Project

I have wanted to start an art journal for a while, but was not sure how to get started. Along comes Ashley Hachshaw at Lil Blue Boo with a daily prompt to get us started. If you are interested in starting an art journal and need some help getting started, just follow the link to Lil Blue Boo
*****
*****
We are two weeks into the project and I just wanted to share some of the items I have been working on. As a result of these first 10 days I have discovered that wax paper can be your best friend. I need to use spray adhesive (my sense of perfection can't stand pages wrinkled by glue ... but then maybe I just need to let it go). I added an envelope to the back cover to stash items and ideas for my journal. 
*****
Left-Handed Intro - The first page in my journal. The assignment was to use your non-dominant hand.
*****
Sketch out your childhood neighborhood. I have a lot of detail here, because my parents have been in this house since the early 70's. I don't remember the year. 
*****
Sketch or add photos of items that are precious to you.
*****
Photographs and Memories - Group photos - jot down as many memories as you have of the event. Contact people in the photo to get more details. I like how the markers bled thru the paper here to make an interesting frame for my photo. This is where the wax paper comes in handy, keeps the bleed-thru to one page.
*****
Jot down things that bring you joy and make your life meaningful.
*****
Get your color on. This page is all of the colors that I salvaged from my son's garbage can. A professional set of marker ... I can't believe he was going to throw them away!
*****
Sketch out the first classroom you remember. Let me tell you that first grade was a long time ago for me and I had more unpleasant memories from this particular year than good, but maybe this page will help me throw out the 'bad' stuff. Maybe some more good stuff will 'pop' thru the fog : -)
*****
My life in cars. I have not finished this one yet. I still have to add my '93 Z-28 Camaro. To this day, I still regret trading this car for my current ride, my 2003 Nissan Murano. I could have kept them both. Really. 
*****
Adding these photos is what brought me to the realization that I NEED spray adhesive. 
*****







2 comments:

janice smith said...

I love your journal! It looks great! (I followed your link on Lil Blue Boo.) I'm having a lot of fun with the prompts, too. I love how different we all are. Wrinkled pages for instance...they're my specialty! Have a great week!

Breesmimi said...

Hi! I found you on Li'l Blue Boo (link). Love your journal pages! Please come over and see mine, I post them on my Journal Tuesdays post each week. Isn't this a fun project? Suzy