Saturday, October 26, 2013

Art Journal Calendar Page

I was looking at Pinterest and I came across a page for an art journal and I thought I would give it a try.  Basically, it's a daily calendar in which you can jot down comments about you day. I wanted to creat my own calendar squares so I splashed some paint on some water color paper. 
While my water color squares were drying I painted the background of my journal pages. I used four colors of acrylic paint: red, yellow, tan, and a darker brown. 
Next, I cut some letters and numbers from the newspaper. I have some stamps, but they did not work well with the acrylic paint. I wanted to add some more elements to the journal pages so I painted a tree and did some stencils with an old plastic doily that I got from my mom. I am pretty sure at one time it belonged to my grandma. Talk about repurposing an item. It works really well as a stencil. 
I used matte medium as my glue. I put some on the pages and then I pasted the back of each art square. Next time I will use a less heavy paper or maybe even cut my squares out of a magazine. The watercolor paper was too heavy it took a lot of matte medium to glue them down. 
This is my finished page. I added #s to each of the squares and I am now ready for the month of November. The big question, will I remember to write anything?






No comments: