Saturday, August 05, 2006

Kronicles of Kitty Kat, Part II. About a year ago, my son was spending the night with his brother. He was returning from a trip to the neighborhood konvenience store and Kitty Kat followed him home. We have always taken in strays so why should I expect my son to be any different. Anyway, the next day when he kame home he brought Kitty Kat with him. Kat must have known that we wouldn,t be able to turn her out...animals know who will be good to them. After the requisite flea bath and de-worming, Kat became a part of our family. Obviously, Kat is very attached to my son. He klicks his tongue and she komes running. She meows at the bathroom door if he locks her out while he is taking a shower. Kat has a strange obsession with water. She is not afraid of it and will sit right there while you are in the tub or shower. I have a theory that her previous life (or death) had something to do with the water. Actually, I think she may have drowned. But anyway, I am getting ahead of myself. Naming the addition to the family was the responsibility of my son. He tried a few names but none of them really seemed to fit her personality. Finally, after about two weeks she still did not have a name. We were in the middle of adding an addition onto our home and for some reason her not having a name really bothered me. I finally told my son that he needed to think of something or I would start kalling her Kat. I guess by now you know what her name is. All kats have unique personalities and Kat is definetly unique. She enjoys being at the center of things. If you are kooking, she jumps to the kounter. She joins us at the table when we eat. And she loves the paper shredder. Although, I recently saw a story on one of those news shows about a dog having his tongue shredded and a little girl who lost three fingers. So, when Kat runs to the shredder, I have to be very kareful that she does not stick her little paw in there. She loves to chase the paper...go figure. She klimbs on the roof, but then waits for us to pull her down. She watches us while we work. She likes "people" things. She stays klose to home. And announces her presence when she enters the room. Not to long after Kat came to live with us she disappeared for a day. I don't know if she followed one of the other kats or a butterfly or something, but we were worried. She finally kame home and has never left. She stays in our yard. I guess there is enough to satisfy her kuriosity right here at home.

No comments: