Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Office Ping-Pong Yesterday was one of those days in which I never seemed to get caught up. I only had one cup on coffee, but I felt like I was on speed. I was really jazzed. Sometimes you really have to work under the gun to get things done and stay focused. Having said that, I made a conscious effort to do just one thing at a time today. I managed to get a lot of things cleaned up and ready for my rotation. I have five days before I have to leave for NY for a week. A week in the BIG APPLE...Empire State, Statue of Liberty, MOMA, the theatre, Central Park...Las Vegas but not Las Vegas...I am sure much better. Maybe I will see Johnny Depp... Of course I will be working five of those days, but we will have the weekend. April and TJ are also coming, we hope to go to a show and do some sightseeing. I am going to the top (102nd floor) of the Empire State...it costs about $30, but it will be the best view in town. I wonder if it is better to go at night? Anyway, back to the office. TJ was overheard talking about the trip and this is not something that we in our group often get to do, so it is really special. It would have been better to be discreet about the fact that we were going. You don't want to create any animosity. At least I can say that it was not me that spilled the beans. I was so glad when that day was over. My horoscope also told me to save my energy. So eerie how that can be dead on sometimes. I also gave a speech in TM "Waiting to Exhale", about the seizure disorder from which my son suffers. Considering I did not rehearse it went very well. I made my time. Now, I just need one more speech to get my CTM...I am actually kind of excited about it. I need to try to do one more speech before November. It may be hard with the rotation, but I am going to give it my best shot. Well, I guess that is about it for today. I got my blog fix. Maybe I will sleep better tonight;)

No comments: