Monday, September 18, 2006

Day 4, September 13: Today was a work day and our last full day in the city. We were going to try to catch the 6:00 ferry cruise. We had to be on the subway by five. I also got the name of a sushi restaurant in the Village. We could stop and eat on the way back. The ferry was great. The weather was cooler, but not cold. The ride was about an hour and we could finally say that we made it to Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. Of course, we only took photos and we never got off the boat, but that was ok by me. By this time, my blisters had blisters. It was windy enough that there were several sailboats in the harbor and river. Quite picturesque. I recommend the ferry. It is just enough to give you a view of NY from the water and get some great skyline shots. We enjoyed the trip. We headed to the subway. We had dinner plans in the Village and needed to get going. On the train, we didn’t recognize any of the street names so we got off at the first stop…in Brooklyn. We were going the wrong direction! We got back on the train, heading in the right direction. We were hungry and tired. I had the address of the restaurant and we began walking…again. I could lose a lot of weight if I lived in this city. I am not sure how far we walked, but we were unable to find Samba Sushi…We hailed a cab and headed to Times Square. We knew there was a sushi joint next to the pizza place where we ate the night before. Taxi’s are slow, but faster than walking. We finally made it to the restaurant and they actually had a table. Of course I order teriyaki chicken. I was not ready to order a complete sushi meal when I wasn’t sure if I would be able to eat it. I also ordered a Philadelphia roll. The chicken was great and the roll was too. I tried a small piece of eel, the texture was interesting, but it tasted like smoked fish. The real surprise came after the meal when my business card was declined. It was good preparation for what was to come. Breakfast: Apple Lunch: Great turkey sandwich with brie at Green Beans Dinner: Sushi, it tastes like chicken...oh, that was the chicken Shopping: 3 bars of Olive Oil facial soap from a local market Entertainment: Reaction on my face when my business credit card was declined

No comments: