Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Namaste I did a few yoga poses and relaxed for about 10 minutes. It felt really good. I did not realize that I missed it so much. I used to practice on a regular basis, but the joy went out of it for me about a year ago. I was teaching four classes a week while working a full time job. To be a good yoga instructor you have to be committed, maintain a personal practice, and attend training regularly. I just couldn’t do it, so I had to give up the teaching…I was not ready to commit full time to yoga and give up the benefits to which I had become accustomed…you know a regular paycheck and benefits. Some would say that is not the true path for a guru, but you make it your own. Teaching also took away from my personal practice. Yoga is more physical than people think and I just did not have the time or the energy to practice. I need to get back to it; my personal practice. Find a good yoga instructor and take some classes. My body and mind need the peace that yoga brings. In the long run it will help with my work and personal life too. I also began to study the Yoga Sutras. I was finding my way and taking a look at my life. Maybe that is the real reason I stopped my practice. I was beginning to see who I really was and I was not meeting my expectations. I know that sounds like a lot of hoo haa, but there comes a point in your life when you have to take a good look at who you. Maybe you like yourself, but maybe you realize that you have to make some changes. I have never been a spiritual person and the Sutras began to make sense to me. They began to bring some meaning to me, of who I was, and who I could be. You are probably thinking that I am getting all introspective because I am away from home and lonely. But that is not the case. I have never minded being by myself. I always find something to do, even if sometimes the behavior was destructive. I want to improve me. Make my life better. And by making my life better, I can make it better for my family. I will have to give this some more thought. Pull out the Yoga Sutras and give them some more study. I want to continue my journey to maturity and adulthood, but I want to have a good life and have some fun along the way…

No comments: