Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Roadside Memorials (2)

I came across these memorials on my way home from work yesterday. I had to drive at least 10 miles out of my way :-) At least gas is not $4 a gallon. To get new shots I am going to have to travel farther from my typical stomping grounds. I was thinking today that I could put out a call to my co-workers to let me know when they come across a memorial. They can give me the location and I can go get my shot. Easier to locate the memorials and I won't have to drive aimlessy across the great states of Alabama and Georgia. These particular memorials have no dates or names, but I think that weathered look adds to the appeal. This group contains five, or is it eight crosses? Nine if you count the cross that fell down, made from several different materials; aluminum rods, formed fence posts, and 4x4's. Was an entire family lost at the same instant? This cross was standing separate from the others. A lonely sentinal. The memory of a lost child. Or not remembered at all... Hwy 280W, Near Smiths Station, AL Between Mile Markers 119 and 120 Photos Taken: 13 January 2009 Unknown

No comments: