Monday, March 30, 2009

Smiles . . . Priceless

My son has had a few difficult years, mostly involving his career in the restaurant business. It is a tough career choice. Those of us that just eat at restaurants really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Long hours, low pay, little appreciation of the skill it takes to run a successful eatery. After losing a couple of jobs (I am sure he suffered a nervous breakdown) and a serious injury that kept him out of work for three months last year he has had a rough time. In any event, the bills were mounting and it would seem he and his girlfriend were never finding the way out of the tunnel into the fresh air. Over the last few months, they have been borrowing my vacuum cleaner on a regular basis. Not that I mind, but when I go to use it, it's gone. And they use it hard. Well, today we solved both our problems...we bought them a vacuum cleaner of their own. I should have had the camera. Smiling from ear to ear after receiving a household appliance. TOM and I are just glad that we can afford to help them with unexpected surprises occasionally. Smiles are the juice that keep the heart happy. According to my son, the best part is that the color is the same has his favorite college football team, UAB...the Crimson Tide...Go Bama!

No comments: